Located in Columbia, MD, we are dedicated to helping Marylanders who have suffered accidental injuries caused by another person’s negligence, carelessness, misconduct, or wrongdoing. With over 40+ years’ total experience handling personal injury cases and litigating settlements in the courtroom, you can feel confident partnering with us. We have the comprehensive resources and skills needed to investigate your case and aggressively pursue a settlement on your behalf.
The care we give to each case gets noticed. It’s what sets our firm apart. Mr. Smith’s extensive trial experience — and track record of successful Past Results — has earned him the recognition of his peers and clients:
- Maryland Super Lawyer
- Top 100 Lawyers in Maryland by Super Lawyers (2014)
- “10.0 Superb” as a litigation attorney by AVVO.
- “Client’s Choice Award” by AVVO, based on average client reviews of 5 stars — the highest client review possible.
- Client Distinction Award (Client Review Rating of 4.5 or higher on 5.0 scale – less than 4% of 900,000+ attorneys listed by Martindale-Hubbell).
- “10 Best Attorneys in the State of Maryland in Client Satisfaction,” American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (by invitation only and limited to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state).
- “AV-Preeminent™*” Highest Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (28 consecutive years).
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Awarded to fewer than 1% of U.S. Attorneys who have Obtained Multi-Million Dollar Verdicts, Awards and Settlements).
These include the highest ratings possible for legal skill, ethical practice, a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition.
Mr. Smith has more than 35 years of courtroom experience. He is never hesitant to take a case to court if needed to get a good result. He thoroughly investigates each case he handles and is diligent in preparing for court.
“You were well prepared, very professional and competent. Your trial skills are outstanding. I went to court with confidence. I can see why you are well respected in the legal community; you gave 110% to me and my case.” — Ruth P.
At the law office of Jonathan Scott Smith, we are about our clients. We’re here to help you through this difficult time. Put our skill and experience to work on your case.
Contact our Columbia, Maryland law office to schedule an appointment.
- Over 35 Years Courtroom Experience
- Highest Rating for Legal Ability and Professional Ethics
- Maryland Super Lawyer
- Aggressive Former Prosecutor
- Successful Results