Top-Rated Columbia MD Personal Injury Attorney
At Smith Law Firm, LLC we understand the emotional, physical and financial challenges families face when a family member has suffered a serious injury. Time off work or the inability to work, the loss of income when medical bills are piling up — it’s hard to keep your peace of mind in the face of pain and financial uncertainty.
Finding the right lawyer to handle your case can give you peace of mind again. Talk to our skilled Columbia, Maryland, personal injury lawyer today by calling (410) 441-5054.
Committed to Providing High Quality Representation
Jonathan Scott Smith is an experienced personal injury attorney who can review your case and advise you of your options. Mr. Smith has obtained some of the highest personal injury verdicts and settlements in his area. He can explain how to bring a negligence claim and when a lawsuit may be necessary. He will advise you on how to work with the insurance company so you don’t unintentionally damage your case or lose your right to financial recovery.
Mr. Smith’s extensive trial experience — and track record of successful Past Results — has earned him the recognition of his peers and clients:
- Maryland Super Lawyer
- Top 100 Lawyers in Maryland by Super Lawyers (2014)
- “10.0 Superb” as a litigation attorney by AVVO.
- “Client’s Choice Award” by AVVO, based on average client reviews of 5 stars — the highest client review possible.
- Client Distinction Award (Client Review Rating of 4.5 or higher on 5.0 scale – less than 4% of 900,000+ attorneys listed by Martindale-Hubbell).
- “10 Best Attorneys in the State of Maryland in Client Satisfaction,” American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (by invitation only and limited to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state).
- “AV-Preeminent™*” Highest Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (every year since 1988).
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Awarded to fewer than 1% of U.S. Attorneys who have Obtained Multi-Million Dollar Verdicts, Awards and Settlements).
These include the highest ratings possible for legal skill, ethical practice, a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition.
Our firm handles personal injury and wrongful death cases resulting from reckless or negligent actions of individuals or companies. In our more than 40 years of helping injured people, we have handled these and other types of accident cases:
- Car accidents
- Various types of car accidents, including those caused by drunk drivers
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice, including surgical errors, medication errors, misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose, emergency room errors
- Nursing home injuries
- Premises liability cases, such as slip-and-fall accidents, trip-and-fall accidents and dog bite cases
- Sexual abuse and sexual assault arising from security failures, including childhood sexual abuse cases
- Construction accidents
- Fires and explosions
We also help injured workers get the compensation they are due by helping them file workers’ compensation claims.
Contact Top-Rated Howard County Personal Injury Attorney
Discover the difference it can make to have an experienced personal injury lawyer in your corner. Contact personal injury attorney Jonathan Scott Smith or call (410) 441-5054 to schedule a consultation.
We represent clients who have suffered any type of serious injury in truck, car and motorcycle accidents, such as:
- Brain injury
- Closed head injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Emotional distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Neck injury
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Ruptured or herniated discs
- Scarring and disfigurement
Top-Rated Ellicott City Car & Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Attorney Jonathan Scott Smith represents clients in wrongful death cases and personal injury cases involving bodily injuries in auto accidents, truck wrecks, drunk driving wrecks and motorcycle wrecks on the Baltimore Beltway, Washington Beltway, MD 295, Baltimore Washington Parkway, B-W Parkway, I-695, I-495, Interstate 95 in Maryland, I-70, Maryland Route 32, U.S. Route 29, Baltimore National Pike, Route 40, I-83 and serious injury accidents throughout Maryland.
Lawyer Smith also provides experienced legal representation for clients in Baltimore, Columbia, MD, Clarksville, Sykesville, Fulton, Elkridge, Frederick, Mt. Airy, Ellicott City, Laurel, Westminster, Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Prince Georges (Prince George) County, Howard County and Montgomery County, MD.
"I just wanted to express my deep appreciation for the representation that you and your staff provided for me."- Alex K.
"Your trial skills are outstanding. I went to court with confidence."- Ruth P.
"Gratitude just doesn’t seem to express the depth of what I feel. I’ve felt like a baby bird that had been hurled from its nest in the midst of a hurricane."- Denise B.
"After all is said and done, we feel truly blessed to have found such an experienced, knowledgeable and caring attorney to entrust our welfare to."- B. A. J.
Types of Cases We Handle
- Back Spinal Cord Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Car Accidents
- Car Accidents Caused By Drunk Driver
- Failure To Diagnose/Misdiagnosis
- Fatal Car Accident
- Head-On Collisions
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice/Surgical Errors
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Injuries
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Rear-End Collisions
- Slip/Trip and Fall
- Smoke Alarm
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Contact UsFill Out the Form Below to Get Started
Millions Recovered for Injured Victims
Over 40 Years of Courtroom Experience
Free, No-Obligation Consultations
Support Every Step of the Way
Highly Rated for Legal Ability & Ethics