Top-Rated Columbia Wrongful Death Lawyer
A wrongful death claim is a lawsuit for damages when a loved one’s death is caused by someone else’s carelessness, negligence, or mistreatment. A wrongful death claim may be brought by a husband, wife, parent, adult child, minor child, brother, or sister of the victim.
Legal claims for a family member’s death include compensation for the following:
Jonathan Scott Smith is a top-rated trial lawyer, with over 40 years of courtroom experience. As you can see by his background, Jonathan Scott Smith is an experienced, respected, and credentialed trial attorney. He has successfully handled injury cases for the past four decades. He fights hard for his clients. That’s why many satisfied clients think so highly of him.
Mr. Smith’s extensive trial experience — and track record of successful Past Results — has earned him the recognition of his peers and clients:
- Maryland Super Lawyer
- Top 100 Lawyers in Maryland by Super Lawyers (2014)
- “10.0 Superb” as a litigation attorney by AVVO.
- “Client’s Choice Award” by AVVO, based on average client reviews of 5 stars — the highest client review possible.
- Client Distinction Award (Client Review Rating of 4.5 or higher on 5.0 scale – less than 4% of 900,000+ attorneys listed by Martindale-Hubbell).
- “10 Best Attorneys in the State of Maryland in Client Satisfaction,” American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (by invitation only and limited to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state).
- “AV-Preeminent™*” Highest Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (every year since 1988).
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Awarded to fewer than 1% of U.S. Attorneys who have Obtained Multi-Million Dollar Verdicts, Awards and Settlements).
These include the highest ratings possible for legal skill, ethical practice, a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition.
If someone else’s negligence, carelessness, malpractice, abuse, or neglect has caused the death of a family member, you need an experienced wrongful death lawyer and trial attorney. Jonathan Scott Smith will help guide you through this tragic loss, and help you obtain justice and closure. Call (410) 441-5054 now, or fill out our intake form, to schedule a consultation.
Mr. Smith has more than 40 years of courtroom experience in personal injury cases. He is never hesitant to take a case to court if needed to get a good result. He thoroughly investigates each case he handles and is diligent in preparing for court.
The care we give to each case gets noticed. It’s what sets our firm apart. And it’s what has earned attorney Smith an AV® Preeminent™ rating* (the highest rating for ethics and legal ability) in the Martindale-Hubbell peer review process from judges and fellow lawyers.
Attorney Jonathan Scott Smith represents clients in car accidents, personal injury, nursing home abuse and negligence cases throughout Maryland, including the cities of Columbia, Clarksville, Sykesville, Fulton, Elkridge, Frederick, Mt. Airy, Ellicott City, Laurel, Westminster, and Baltimore. Lawyer Smith also provides experienced legal representation for clients in Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Prince Georges (Prince George) County, Howard County and Montgomery County, MD.
"I just wanted to express my deep appreciation for the representation that you and your staff provided for me."- Alex K.
"Your trial skills are outstanding. I went to court with confidence."- Ruth P.
"Gratitude just doesn’t seem to express the depth of what I feel. I’ve felt like a baby bird that had been hurled from its nest in the midst of a hurricane."- Denise B.
"After all is said and done, we feel truly blessed to have found such an experienced, knowledgeable and caring attorney to entrust our welfare to."- B. A. J.
Millions Recovered for Injured Victims
Over 40 Years of Courtroom Experience
Support Every Step of the Way
Highly Rated for Legal Ability & Ethics