Maryland Birth Injury Lawyer
The importance of prompt, accurate diagnosis cannot be overstated. Failure to run the correct tests or to see the appropriate specialists can result in a steadily worsening medical problem. Misdiagnosis can result in the patient receiving the wrong treatment. And either of these problems can result in serious injury or premature death.
Do You Suspect Negligence Resulted in a Failure to Diagnose?
Medical malpractice attorney Jonathan Scott Smith has been helping injured people get answers and financial compensation for more than 40 years. He handles medical malpractice cases involving misdiagnoses or failure to diagnose, such as:
- Failure to diagnose cancer resulting in death of a patient
- Misdiagnosis of cancer leading to delayed treatment and reduced quality of life
- Failure to diagnose heart attack or stroke
- Failure to diagnose problems during pregnancy or childbirth, leading to birth defects and birth injuries to babies and mothers
- Failure to diagnose breech birth or when the fetus is too large for vaginal birth, which increases the risk for birth problems, hypoxia, Erb’s palsy and shoulder dystocia
Mr. Smith will review your case and advise you on possible next steps. If it seems likely that medical malpractice played a role in a misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose a medical condition, he can explain the process of seeking compensation.
If your loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice through a failure to diagnose cancer or you were injured because your own medical problem was misdiagnosed, you have the right to answers and compensation. Contact injury attorney Jonathan Scott Smith or call (410) 441-5054 to schedule a consultation.
The care we give to each case gets noticed. It’s what sets our firm apart. Mr. Smith’s extensive trial experience and track record of successful Past Results has earned him the recognition of his peers and clients:
- Maryland Super Lawyer
- Top 100 Lawyers in Maryland by Super Lawyers (2014)
- “10.0 Superb” as a litigation attorney by AVVO.
- “Client’s Choice Award” by AVVO, based on average client reviews of 5 stars the highest client review possible.
- Client Distinction Award (Client Review Rating of 4.5 or higher on 5.0 scale less than 4% of 900,000+ attorneys listed by Martindale-Hubbell).
- Baltimore’s Top-Rated Lawyers of 2015 by American Lawyer Media
- “10 Best Attorneys in the State of Maryland in Client Satisfaction,” American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (by invitation only and limited to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state).
- “AV-Preeminent™*” Highest Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (every year since 1988).
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Awarded to fewer than 1% of U.S. Attorneys who have Obtained Multi-Million Dollar Verdicts, Awards and Settlements).
These include the highest ratings possible for legal skill, ethical practice, a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition.
Mr. Smith has more than 40 years of courtroom experience in personal injury cases. He is never hesitant to take a case to court if needed to get a good result. He thoroughly investigates each case he handles and is diligent in preparing for court.
Attorney Jonathan Scott Smith represents clients in personal injury, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and negligence cases throughout Maryland, including the cities of Columbia, Clarksville, Sykesville, Fulton, Elkridge, Frederick, Mt. Airy, Ellicott City, Laurel, Westminster, and Baltimore. Lawyer Smith also provides experienced legal representation for clients in Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Prince Georges (Prince George) County, Howard County and Montgomery County, MD.
"I just wanted to express my deep appreciation for the representation that you and your staff provided for me."- Alex K.
"Your trial skills are outstanding. I went to court with confidence."- Ruth P.
"Gratitude just doesn’t seem to express the depth of what I feel. I’ve felt like a baby bird that had been hurled from its nest in the midst of a hurricane."- Denise B.
"After all is said and done, we feel truly blessed to have found such an experienced, knowledgeable and caring attorney to entrust our welfare to."- B. A. J.
Millions Recovered for Injured Victims
Over 40 Years of Courtroom Experience
Support Every Step of the Way
Highly Rated for Legal Ability & Ethics