Top-Rated Columbia Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Nursing home negligence is tragic. When it occurs (far more often than most people think), it is important to place the blame and the responsibility where it belongs: on the care facility and its management, not on families or elders.
You have every right to expect that the nursing home will provide skilled nursing care and careful supervision. You pay thousands of dollars a month to ensure they do. If your loved one was the victim of abuse or neglect, hold them accountable. We can help.
Attorney Smith has more than 40 years of legal experience, both in and out of the courtroom, and he was appointed Chair of the Nursing Home Section of the Maryland Association for Justice.
Mr. Smith’s extensive trial experience and track record of successful Past Results has earned him the recognition of his peers and clients:
- Maryland Super Lawyer
- Top 100 Lawyers in Maryland by Super Lawyers (2014)
- “10.0 Superb” as a litigation attorney by AVVO.
- “Client’s Choice Award” by AVVO, based on average client reviews of 5 stars the highest client review possible.
- Client Distinction Award (Client Review Rating of 4.5 or higher on 5.0 scale less than 4% of 900,000+ attorneys listed by Martindale-Hubbell).
- “10 Best Attorneys in the State of Maryland in Client Satisfaction,” American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (by invitation only and limited to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state).
- “AV-Preeminent™*” Highest Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (every year since 1988).
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Awarded to fewer than 1% of U.S. Attorneys who have Obtained Multi-Million Dollar Verdicts, Awards and Settlements).
These include the highest ratings possible for legal skill, ethical practice, a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition.
When a family member has suffered serious injuries, despite being provided “round the clock care,” families are left questioning: “How could this happen?”
All too often the culprit in nursing home neglect or abuse cases is the administration that chose to understaff the facility, or that failed to supervise poorly trained employees. Injuries that could be a clue to possible nursing home negligence include:
- Bed sores or pressure sores (decubitus ulcers) from failure to turn an incapacitated patient
- Falls in the hallway or bedroom from failure to monitor a resident, resulting in hip fractures or broken arms or legs
- Worsening medical condition when medication is not given, or not given properly, or when medication is stolen
- Strangulation or falls from bed due to improper use of restraints
- Physical or sexual assaults
If your loved one has been the victim of nursing home negligence, you have the right to seek compensation. Contact injury attorney Jonathan Scott Smith or call (410) 441-5054 to schedule a consultation.
Attorney Jonathan Scott Smith represents clients in personal injury, nursing home abuse and negligence cases throughout Maryland, including the cities of Columbia, Clarksville, Sykesville, Fulton, Elkridge, Frederick, Mt. Airy, Ellicott City, Laurel, Westminster, and Baltimore. Lawyer Smith also provides experienced legal representation for clients in Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Prince Georges (Prince George) County, Howard County and Montgomery County, MD.
"I just wanted to express my deep appreciation for the representation that you and your staff provided for me."- Alex K.
"Your trial skills are outstanding. I went to court with confidence."- Ruth P.
"Gratitude just doesn’t seem to express the depth of what I feel. I’ve felt like a baby bird that had been hurled from its nest in the midst of a hurricane."- Denise B.
"After all is said and done, we feel truly blessed to have found such an experienced, knowledgeable and caring attorney to entrust our welfare to."- B. A. J.
Millions Recovered for Injured Victims
Over 40 Years of Courtroom Experience
Support Every Step of the Way
Highly Rated for Legal Ability & Ethics