Rear End Collision Results in Fatal Car Accident
A fatal car accident occurred on Route 1 on February 5, 2014, when a box truck caused a rear-end collision, according to Howard County Police. Police reported that two cars were stopped in the through lane of Route 1. One car apparently was preparing to make a turn into Center Shopping Center.
Howard County Police were still investigating the cause of the fatal car accident. Police were trying to determine why the cars were attempting to turn left into the shopping center from the through lane when a turn lane was available.
Top-Rated Columbia and Ellicott City Fatal Car Accident Attorney
Jonathan Scott Smith is a top-rated Howard County fatal car accident lawyer, with over 30 years of courtroom experience.
Mr. Smith’s extensive trial experience — and track record of successful Past Results, including fatal car accident cases — has earned him the recognition of his peers and clients:
- Maryland Super Lawyer.
- Top 100 Lawyers in Maryland by Super Lawyers (2014)
- “10.0 Superb” as a litigation attorney by AVVO.
- “Client’s Choice Award” by AVVO, based on average client reviews of 5 stars — the highest client review possible.
- Client Distinction Award (Client Review Rating of 4.5 or higher on 5.0 scale – less than 4% of 900,000+ attorneys listed by Martindale-Hubbell)
- Top Attorneys in Maryland (American Registry)(2013)
- Top-Rated Lawyer by The American Lawyer Magazine and Martindale-Hubbell (2013)
- Top-Rated Lawyer in Personal Injury Law by The American Lawyer Magazine and Martindale-Hubbell (2013)
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (by invitation only and limited to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state).
- “AV-Preeminent™*” Highest Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (25 consecutive years).
These are the highest ratings possible for legal skill, ethical practice, a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition.
Howard County MD Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
If you need a fatal car accident attorney because a car crash was caused by a driver’s negligence or carelessness, and it has resulted in injuries to, or the death of, a family member, wrongful death lawyer Jonathan Scott Smith will help guide you through this tragedy, and help you obtain justice and closure.
Call (410) 441-5054 now, or fill out our intake form, to schedule a consultation with a fatal car accident lawyer.