Worker with Personal Injury Rescued on Chesapeake Bay Bridge
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013, around 10:45 a.m., rescue workers were called to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, where a bridge worker had fallen and sustained personal injury. According to authorities, the victim, a 51-year-old male, was working from a platform approximately 15 feet below the roadway near the center span when he was struck by a five-gallon paint bucket and fell onto the platform. A rescue worker immobilized the victim, who was then lifted up in a rescue basket, placed on a stretcher, and taken to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center. The entire rescue took about an hour and caused the westbound span of the bridge to be closed for nearly two hours. The Maryland Transportation Authority police are currently investigating to determine the cause of the accident.
Highly Rated Maryland Personal Injury Attorney
For more than 30 years, attorney Jonathan Scott Smith has been fighting for people’s rights and protecting their interests in personal injury cases.
Mr. Smith’s extensive trial experience — and track record of successful results in personal injury cases — has earned him the recognition of his peers and clients:
- Maryland Super Lawyer.
- “10.0 Superb” as a litigation attorney by AVVO.
- “Client’s Choice Award” by AVVO, based on average client reviews of 5 stars — the highest client review possible.
- Client Distinction Award (Client Review Rating of 4.5 or higher on 5.0 scale – less than 4% of 900,000+ attorneys listed by Martindale-Hubbell)
- 2013 Top Attorneys in Maryland (American Registry)
- 2013 Top-Rated Lawyer by The American Lawyer Magazine and Martindale-Hubbell.
- 2013 Top-Rated Lawyer in Personal Injury Law by The American Lawyer Magazine and Martindale-Hubbell.
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (by invitation only and limited to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state).
- “AV-Preeminent™*” Highest Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (25 consecutive years).
These are the highest ratings possible for legal skill, ethical practice, a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition.
Attorney Smith handles a wide range of personal injury claims, including workplace injuries and construction accident claims. He takes cases involving serious and catastrophic personal injury, as well as wrongful death.
Columbia, Maryland, Personal Injury Lawyer
To learn how we can help you get full and fair compensation for personal injury and bodily injuries suffered because of the careless or negligent acts of others, contact our office online or call our office at (410) 441-5054 to schedule an appointment. We represent injured people in Howard County, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Frederick County, Prince Georges County and Montgomery County in Maryland.