Fatal Car Accident on I-95 Claims Life
A fatal car accident involved an Ellicott City woman who was riding as a passenger in a car on I-95 when it turned left, causing the motor vehicle to be perpendicular on the roadway, reported The Baltimore Sun. The car was then struck by another motor vehicle, which resulted in the passenger being ejected. She was taken to a local hospital and, tragically, pronounced dead.
Passenger’s Claims in Fatal Car Accident Cases
Just because a passenger was riding in a car with a driver who was at fault does not mean that the passenger, or the passenger’s family, may not still have a claim. If the driver was at fault in causing the fatal car accident, then the passengers may be able to recover. If your loved one died in a fatal car accident, you may have a claim for the funeral expenses; medical bills; lost income; and the grief from losing the person you loved who was the victim of a fatal car accident.
Top-Rated Columbia and Ellicott City Fatal Car Accident Attorney
Jonathan Scott Smith is a top-rated Howard County fatal car accident lawyer, with over 30 years of courtroom experience.
Mr. Smith’s extensive trial experience — and track record of successful Past Results, including fatal car accident cases — has earned him the recognition of his peers and clients:
- Maryland Super Lawyer.
- “10.0 Superb” as a litigation attorney by AVVO.
- “Client’s Choice Award” by AVVO, based on average client reviews of 5 stars — the highest client review possible.
- Client Distinction Award (Client Review Rating of 4.5 or higher on 5.0 scale – less than 4% of 900,000+ attorneys listed by Martindale-Hubbell)
- 2013 Top Attorneys in Maryland (American Registry)
- 2013 Top-Rated Lawyer by The American Lawyer Magazine and Martindale-Hubbell.
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (by invitation only and limited to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state).
- “AV-Preeminent™*” Highest Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (25 consecutive years).
These are the highest ratings possible for legal skill, ethical practice, a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition.
Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Howard County MD
If a fatal car crash was caused by a driver’s negligence or carelessness, and it has resulted in injuries to, or the death of, a family member, you need an experienced fatal car accident attorney and wrongful death lawyer. Jonathan Scott Smith will help guide you through this tragedy, and help you obtain justice and closure. Call (410) 441-5054 now, or fill out our intake form, to schedule a consultation.