On Saturday, June 15, 2013, police responded to a motorcycle accident at Washington Boulevard and Ducketts Lane, in Elkridge, learning that a car had collided with a motorcycle, causing serious injury to the biker. According to witnesses, the driver of the car pulled into the path of the motorcycle as the car tried to execute a left turn onto northbound Washington Boulevard, reported The Baltimore Sun. The motorcyclist was traveling southbound on Washington Boulevard.
The biker, whose name has not been released, was reportedly in critical condition at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma unit.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to incur serious injury or death from a motorcycle accident on the road. More than four out of every 10 motorcycle crashes involve other motorists turning into the path of the biker.
Highly Rated Personal Injury Lawyer in Columbia and Ellicott City, MD
For more than 30 years, attorney Jonathan Scott Smith has been fighting for people’s rights and protecting their interests in Maryland personal injury and motorcycle accident cases.
Mr. Smith’s extensive trial experience — and track record of successful Past Results, including motorcycle accident cases — has earned him the recognition of his peers and clients:
- Maryland Super Lawyer.
- “10.0 Superb” as a litigation attorney by AVVO.
- “Client’s Choice Award” by AVVO, based on average client reviews of 5 stars — the highest client review possible.
- Client Distinction Award (Client Review Rating of 4.5 or higher on 5.0 scale – less than 4% of 900,000+ attorneys listed by Martindale-Hubbell)
- 2013 Top Attorneys in Maryland (American Registry)
- 2013 Top-Rated Lawyer byThe American Lawyer Magazine and Martindale-Hubbell.
- 2013 Top-Rated Lawyer in Personal Injury Law by The American LawyerMagazine and Martindale-Hubbell.
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (by invitation only and limited to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state).
- “AV-Preeminent™*” Highest Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (25 consecutive years).
These are the highest ratings possible for legal skill, ethical practice, a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition.
Howard County, Maryland, Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorney
If you have been hurt in a car or motorcycle accident caused by another person’s negligence, we will fight for you to obtain the restitution you deserve. Contact our office online or call our office at (410) 441-5054 to schedule an appointment.
Attorney Smith represents motorcycle accident victims throughout Maryland, including Howard County, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Frederick County, Prince Georges County and Montgomery County in Maryland.