School Bus Accident Subject of Howard County Police Investigation
A school bus accident on June 6, 2013 occurred when a school bus carrying 55 students from Centennial Lane Elementary School was involved in a three-car crash, sending 9 people, including five schoolchildren, to the hospital. All were subsequently released with minor injuries.
According to police, the school bus was traveling south on Centennial Lane, about a half mile from the school, at around 8:30 a.m. on June 6th, when the bus collided with a van, which then struck a car. The bus driver and five children went to the hospital, as did the driver and two adult passengers in the van. The driver of the car was not hurt.
The school bus accident resulted in police ticketing the bus driver for failure to control his speed to avoid a collision, and with negligence while operating a motor vehicle. They believe the bus driver may have turned his attention away from the road to address students on the bus when the school bus accident occurred. Officials said the school bus accident was not serious and that the children reported “bumps and bruises.”
Highly Rated School Bus Accident Attorney in Howard County, MD
For more than 30 years, attorney Jonathan Scott Smith has been fighting for people’s rights and protecting their interests in Maryland personal injury and school bus accident cases.
Mr. Smith’s extensive trial experience — and track record of successful Past Results, including school bus accident cases — has earned him the recognition of his peers and clients:
- Maryland Super Lawyer.
- “10.0 Superb” as a litigation attorney by AVVO.
- “Client’s Choice Award” by AVVO, based on average client reviews of 5 stars — the highest client review possible.
- Client Distinction Award (Client Review Rating of 4.5 or higher on 5.0 scale – less than 4% of 900,000+ attorneys listed by Martindale-Hubbell)
- 2013 Top Attorneys in Maryland (American Registry)
- 2013 Top-Rated Lawyer by The American Lawyer Magazine and Martindale-Hubbell.
- 2013 Top-Rated Lawyer in Personal Injury Law by The American LawyerMagazine and Martindale-Hubbell.
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers (by invitation only and limited to the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state).
- “AV-Preeminent™*” Highest Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (25 consecutive years).
These are the highest ratings possible for legal skill, ethical practice, a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition.
Attorney Smith aggressively protects the rights of personal injury victims, including people hurt in school bus accident cases. He can help you pursue full and fair compensation for your child’s medical expenses, and physical pain and suffering.
Columbia and Ellicott City Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been hurt in a car accident or school bus accident caused by the wrongful act of another person, attorney Jonathan Scott Smith will aggressively help you seek damages for all your losses.
Contact our office online or call our office at 410-740-0101 to schedule an appointment. Attorney Smith represents school bus accident victims in Howard County, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Frederick County, Prince Georges County and Montgomery County in Maryland.