Potential Sources Of Recovery After A Maryland Motor Vehicle Accident

Who Can You Bring In as a Defendant?

car accident

When you’ve been hurt in a car, truck or motorcycle accident in Maryland, your first thought is often to take legal action against the other driver, assuming he or she caused the crash. Sometimes, though, the other driver either doesn’t have insurance or has insufficient coverage to meet your needs. There are other potential sources of recovery after a motor vehicle wreck:

  • You may be able to turn to your own insurer, if you have uninsured or underinsured motorists coverage
  • You may be able to bring a lawsuit against the person or establishment providing the alcohol if you were injured by a drunk driver
  • You may have a claim against the designer, manufacturer or marketer of a dangerous or defective product (car part) that contributed to or caused the accident
  • You may have a claim against a municipality if the accident was a result of poor road maintenance

Proven Baltimore Motor Vehicle Accident Injury Lawyer

Maryland SuperLawyer Jonathan Scott Smith has fought for the rights of injured people across the state for more than 30 years. Highly respected by his fellow attorneys for his trial advocacy, Smith was named a “Top-Rated Lawyer” by the American Lawyer Magazine, and has long held an AV-rating under Martindale-Hubbell’s Peer Review Rating System (the highest ranking possible). The National Trial Lawyers Association, a “by invitation only” professional organization, counts him among the top 100 attorneys in the state of Maryland

Smith has also earned the prestigious Client’s Choice Award from AVVO, with an average client review of 5 stars (the highest rating possible), as well as a perfect 10.0 Superb rating from AVVO as a trial attorney.

Aggressive Carroll County, Maryland Car Wreck Attorney

If you or someone you love has suffered any type of loss as the result of a personal injury, we can help. Contact attorney Jonathan Scott Smith by e-mail or call our offices at (410) 441-5054 to schedule an appointment. Your first consultation is free. We represent injured people in Howard County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Frederick County, Prince Georges County and Montgomery County in Maryland.